Program Criteria & Application
The Colorado Nonprofit Social Enterprise Exchange (the Exchange), seeks innovative, entrepreneurial minded nonprofits to participate in our fourth Social Enterprise Cohort.
- Your nonprofit is located in Colorado and some or all programs and services are provided in Colorado. Your organization is also highly interested in and energized about social enterprise and innovative ways to generate more unrestricted revenue to deliver greater impact
- Minimum $250,000 Annual Operating Budget (can include in-kind)
- Financial stability evidenced, in part, by 3 consecutive years operating a balanced budget
- Completion of application (including all attachments), signed by the executive director and board chair
- Commitment by 2 board members and 2 management level staff to participate in the program
- Pre-application meeting with the Exchange program manager
If you do not meet these requirements, you will have an opportunity to explain why you feel your organization should be considered. Please call us if you have any questions about your eligibility.
Learn more about the Social Enterprise Exchange from our program coordinator. This is an opportunity to ask questions about the application and discover if this program is a good fit for your organization.
August 8, 2017| 1:00pm – 2:00pm | Register Here
August 16, 2017 | 1:00pm – 2:00pm | Register Here
Narrative Questions must be filled out and submitted with application.
Recommendations & Preferences
- The Exchange has a high interest in social enterprises that will provide employment opportunities for people facing employment barriers
- Minimum commitment to attend all cohort sessions, as well as 15-25 hours per month of work between cohort meetings
- Application and all attachments completed in partnership with a board member
- Process for Applicants:
- Submit Full Application Package by October 13th, 2017 (notification of acceptance into the Cohort by November 15th, 2017)
To support your organization’s participation in the cohort, there will be a fee of $5,000.