Purpose: Community Resource Center is excited to announce the launch of GrantCorps, a new statewide program designed to support small, rural, and systemically marginalized communities, as well as BIPOC-led organizations that experience barriers accessing private and government grant funding.
GrantCorps links tools, information, training, and CRC’s long-standing Rural AmeriCorps VISTA program together to support the grant seeking, grant development, and management needs of the organizations most in need. GrantCorps offerings are available in English and Spanish and are free for eligible organizations. Community Resource Center hosts four GrantCorps VISTA members that support partner organizations’ development and grant-seeking needs, including research, writing, applying for, managing, and reporting on funding opportunities.
GrantCorps’ goal is to reach approximately 200 organizations per year. The majority of eligible organizations will participate in education and training program offerings provided by CRC staff. Additionally, organizations will be identified to participate in oneon-one program offerings including short-term coaching and deep consultation services provided by CRC staff, AmeriCorps members, and independent consultants. Each year GrantCorps aims to provide up to 25 organizations with deep consultation services and up to 35 organizations with short-term coaching.
Consultant Qualifications: GrantCorps is currently seeking up to three consultants who will extend CRC staff and VISTA capacity and will provide additional expertise to support the unique goals and needs of the organizations served in the program. CRC is committed to building a diverse team of staff and consultants to work alongside diverse communities across Colorado. Consultants must demonstrate lived and/or professional experience working with rural, small, and systemically marginalized communities, including BIPOC and Latino communities. Consultants will provide 1) support to CRC staff in the development and testing of GrantCorps interactive training and tools and 2) one-on-one support to organizations through short-term coaching and deep consulting.
Education & Training Offerings seeking consultant support*:
- AmeriCorps VISTA GrantCorps Training – will support the professional development of the Grantwriting Specialist VISTA positions in grant writing for nonprofits and community organizations
- GrantCorps Government Grant Development – will provide nonprofits with an in-depth overview of the key components of government grant applications and will provide opportunities for hands-on development of several grant components such as the grant narrative, goals and objectives, budgets, and other attachments such as the logic model, letters of support, and evaluation plan.
- GrantCorps Government Grant Contracting – will provide nonprofits with an in-depth overview of the government grant contracting process, including a review of government grant contracts, and the interpretation of all key sections of government grant agreements.
- GrantCorps Government Grant Reporting – will provide nonprofits with an in-depth overview of nonprofit grant award management quarterly and annual reporting processes and will assist organizations in developing systems to track grant reporting requirements and to collect and report the data to inform these reports.
Short-term coaching and consulting support* (3-8 hours/organization) including:
- Funding research support of state and federal funding as well as private philanthropic funders. Participants will receive a coaching session and a customized report on prospective funders with whom they are a match.
- Assessment of government grant readiness and recommendations for areas to build institutional capacity.
- Support to assess systems for tracking, evaluating, and reporting outcomes, financial reporting and general grant management.
- Review, copy edit, and feedback on an already written or denied grant.
Longer-term and deeper consulting support* (20-50 hours/organization, sustained over several months) including:
- Direct writing of grant applications, attachments, program reports, and financial reports.
- Providing tools and coaching organizations to develop achievable systems.
- Support identification of match funding.
- Development of partner MOU’s and collaborations.
- Other organizational supports as needed, drawing expertise in nonprofit management.
*These services will be performed in partnership with CRC staff and the AmeriCorps GrantCorps VISTA team.
Target Audience: Eligible organizations for GrantCorps will be located in rural communities, have a connection to workforce development, have budgets less than $1M, and/or experience barriers accessing private and government grant funding. Services will be prioritized for organizations that are BIPOC-led and are serving BIPOC communities.
- October 11, 2022 – RFP Announced
- November 4, 2022 – Deadline for Proposals
- November 2022 – Proposal Review and Selection Period
- December 1, 2022 – Contract Start Date
- December 31, 2024 – Contract End Date
Compensation for Services: Maximum contract amount of $35,000, including all related expenses. GrantCorps current budget for consultation services is not to exceed $105,000, and we are seeking to identify a minimum of three independent consultants at this time.
Proposals must be received by November 4, 2022 COB to be considered.