How to Serve as a VISTA Member
Are you interested in National Service? Would you like to make a difference in one of Colorado’s many vibrant communities? Are you looking for an opportunity to gain hands on experience in the nonprofit sector and build skills to further your professional and/or educational goals?
Serving as a VISTA is a great way to gain tangible skills in nonprofit administration, network with local, regional and state leaders and learn more about a new community. CRC has several positions open for summer 2019 start dates. We are looking for VISTAs to serve in either CRC’s Denver-based office or in one of our rural-based host sites. Please read below to learn more about CRC’s VISTA program and our open positions.
What are the benefits of serving through CRC’s VISTA program?
As an AmeriCorps VISTA member you will:
- Gain indirect service experience and skills in nonprofit best practices
- Serve a full-time for one year at a host site organization in rural Colorado
- Receive an annual living stipend and eligibility to access to healthcare and child care
- Upon completion of service will be eligible to receive education award of $6,095 or end-of-year stipend of $1,800
- Attend CRC member orientation at the beginning of your term and have access to free professional development opportunities throughout the year
- Gain free access to the Colorado Grants Guide platform to support your grant research and grantwriting efforts.
- Receive ongoing coaching, guidance and support from CRC staff and VISTA Leaders
- Become part of a statewide network of national service members and build lasting relationships in our state’s vibrant communities
I’m ready to serve! How do I apply?
Start by exploring all of our open positions by clicking the button below. Identify positions that are of interest to you and submit your application directly through My.AmeriCorps.gov
Once you submit your application a CRC VISTA Leader will reach out to set up an initial interview. We then invite selected candidates to participate in a second and final interview with the site supervisor to ensure a good fit with the organization. Many of our positions are competitive, so please submit your application early!