Southeast Rural Philanthropy Days™ is Coming to Otero County!
Southeast Rural Philanthropy Days™ is coming to Otero County on September 12-14, 2023!
Serving Baca, Bent, Crowley, Huerfano, Kiowa, Las Animas, Otero, and Prowers counties.
The Rural Philanthropy Days™ (RPD) conference is scheduled to return to the Southeast region in September of 2023. This unique conference provides a forum for quality professional development opportunities close to home as well as networking with other community leaders in the region and relationship building opportunities with statewide funders. RPD™ not only creates the space to educate each other on regional needs but also works towards collaboratively addressing community-wide issues in the region. This opportunity only occurs once every four years in the Southeast region which is composed of Baca, Bent, Crowley, Huerfano, Kiowa, Las Animas, Otero, and Prowers.
Interested in being a part of the planning process for Southeast RPD? Join the Steering Committee! This group of local leaders will collaborate over the next eight months to build programming that will unite the region, build the capacity of nonprofits, and expand professional networks at Southeast RPD. Nonprofits connecting together and with grantmaking partners is more important than ever, and these Steering Committees will help ensure the success of Southeast RPD.
Call for Presenters for
Southeast Rural Philanthropy Days!
The Southeast Rural Philanthropy Days (RPD) Program Committee is seeking high quality presenters with an interest in supporting rural Colorado community groups. Please consider submitting a proposal for the September conference.
We are recruiting a variety of local experts, capacity building organizations, consultants, and funders to facilitate sessions. Facilitating a session at RPD is a unique opportunity for individuals and groups looking to make a positive impact in rural communities.
Priority deadline to submit your proposal is March 20, 2023.
Southeast Colorado Housing Summit
Southeast Housing Solutions Summit
July 14, 2022 | 8:00AM – 5:00PM
La Junta, Colorado
- Stephanie Gonzales, Executive Director, Southeast Colorado Enterprise Development
- Danelle Berg, Economic Development & Special Projects, Otero County
- Michael Yerman, Disaster Recovery Planner, Southeast Colorado Enterprise Development
- Fallon Miller, Housing Development Specialist, Department of Local Affairs, Division of Housing
- 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM | Networking breakfast
- 9:00 AM- 9:15 AM | Welcome and framing for the day
- 9:25 AM – 10:30 AM | Fireside chat
- 10:30 AM -10:45 AM | Time for Q&A
- 11:00 AM – 11:30 AM | Facilitated asset mapping
- 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM | Solutions generation
- 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM | Networking lunch
- 1:30 PM – 3:15 PM | Solutions prioritization and refinement
- 3:15 PM – 3:30 PM | Break – coffee and snacks will be provided
- 3:30 PM – 4:00 PM | Presentation of the refined solutions
- 4:00 PM – 4:30 PM | Discuss commitments, action items, and next steps
- 4:30 PM – 5:00 PM | Networking happy hour
Breakfast, lunch, snacks, and coffee will be provided
Thank you to our title sponsor: Colorado Housing and Finance Authority (CHFA)
Regional Steering Committee
RPD conference activities are collaboratively coordinated by a Regional Steering Committee comprised of rural nonprofit, government and business leaders, Community Resource Center, and local foundation staff.