Upcoming Training Events
CRC will be hosting free weekly Rapid Response Roundtable webinars to discuss the most pressing community needs we have heard emerge from statewide partners in the field as they respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. To assist communities across the state in their response work, these webinars will create space for nonprofits to share their innovations with each other, highlight funding available to meet immediate needs, and to catalyze collaboration across our sector in this challenging time.
CRC will moderate dialogues with diverse, statewide nonprofit partners and funders working to support organizations in their response efforts, with the opportunity for additional audience participation. Each webinar will focus on a specific and urgent community need – the first four topics are food security, telehealth, seniors and older adults, and domestic violence. Additional topics will be selected to address evolving needs.
Wednesday, April 1st | 2:00 – 3:15PM
Wednesday, April 8 | 9:30 – 10:45 AM
Seniors and Older Adults
Wednesday, April 15 | 9:30 – 10:45 AM
Domestic Violence & Family Wellness
Wednesday, April 22 | 9:30 – 10:45 AM
Fundraising In Uncertain Times: Webinar with Andy Robinson
When the world is chaotic, fundraising feels like a big challenge. But you still need the money, right? At this moment – maybe more than ever – your organization will benefit from a solid fundraising plan that responds to the needs of your donors and your community. Join us as we discuss:
· What we can learn about fundraising from previous crises: The Great Recession, 9/11, natural disasters, etc.
· Prioritizing and protecting core programs
· Why people give: The psychology of fundraising – and why that matters right now
· How to get closer to your donors (without being in the same room)
· How – and why – to engage your board productively
April 1 | 10:00am – 11:15am | Online via Zoom
PRICING: $40 Early Bird | $55 Regular
LGBTQ Safe Zone Training
Course description: Organizations with inclusive cultures are 6x more likely to be innovative, anticipate change, and have effective responses, compared to those without.
Are you and your employees ready to have a meaningful dialogue about how to best recruit and retain an LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning) workforce? This training is a great opportunity for cisgender and heterosexual audiences to get an introduction to basic terminology in a safe space for questions.
This training will cover topics such as:
- The difference between sexual orientation and gender identity
- Other types of diverse identities that fall under the LGBTQ spectrum
- Words or questions that could be considered offensive to the LGBTQ community
- Inclusive language
- Building understanding of the experiences and challenges of people who identify as LGBTQ
- Community resources available for LGBTQ individuals and becoming a better ally
May 21 | 12:30pm – 5:00pm | Denver
PRICING: $65 Early Bird | $80 Regular
Leading Successful Projects
Course description: Learn how to keep your nonprofit’s projects on track from start to finish with practical project management tools and techniques. If your nonprofit starts projects with enthusiasm but soon finds them behind schedule, over-budget, or with a shifting scope, this course will provide you with solutions to these common problems.
This session will cover 10 keys to project success including:
- Setting up a project for success during the planning phase;
- Establishing realistic deadlines and budgets;
- Identifying and managing project risks;
- Communicating project status and changes;
- Capturing the lessons learned for reference and future use.
May 21 | 1:00pm – 4:00pm | Colorado Springs
PRICING: $65 Early Bird | $80 Regular
High Impact Communications
This workshop will cover outward-facing and social media communication strategies for non-profits. This workshop will be helpful whether you have one hour or 10 hours a week dedicated to communications. Although this will be (primarily) a high-level presentation, participants will leave with tools for their communications toolbox they will be able to use immediately
March 26th, 1:00PM – 3:00PM in Steamboat Springs
2025 Shield Drive Steamboat Springs, CO, 80487
April/May, Kremmling, CO – More Information Coming Soon
PRICING: Free Event