Pagosa Springs

A Colorado Mountain Community

Located within the San Juan National Forest amid the majestic San Juan Mountains, Pagosa Springs offers visitors a rich geological and cultural history to explore. Known for its world-famous hot springs, “Pagosah” is the Southwestern Ute word for “healing waters”. The soaring cliffs, ragged peaks, magical alpine pools, undisturbed wilderness, cascading rivers, and soothing hot springs reveal a dramatic geological history that invites voyagers, young and old, to venture into the backcountry.

Located in Southern Colorado near the New Mexico border, Pagosa Springs is the perfect mix of Southwest and Western cultures. The Town of Pagosa Springs is the county seat of Archuleta County with a town population of 1,727 and county-wide population of 12,084. From 2000 to 2005, Archuleta County was one of the fastest growing counties in the State of Colorado.

Pagosa Springs is surrounded by the San Juan National Forest and Southern Ute Indian lands, while the San Juan River flows through the center of town. Only 34% of the lands in the County are in private ownership, while the remaining 66% are under the management of the U.S. Forest Service and Tribal lands.

As the pace of urban living continues to accelerate, an increasing number of individuals desire a place where traditional family values still exist along with low crime rates, good schools, excellent quality of life, open space, clean air, and a reasonable cost of living.

Courtesy of the Pagosa Springs Chamber of Commerce

Questions? Please contact:

Event Coordinator Kristi Smith

email hidden; JavaScript is required or 402.417.3585