San Luis Valley 2019 RPD
HIGHLIGHTS FROM 2019 RPD’s
- Over $118,000 economic impact between the communities that hosted the conferences
- 630 attendees between the two conferences
- 93% of grantseekers reported that RPD increased their personal & organizational capacity
- 96% of funders felt that the roundtables established a relationship between grantmakers and grantseekers
- 90% of RPD participants attended a Funder Roundtable Session
- 97% of funders agreed that as a result of RPD they have a better understands of the assets and collaborations in the region
SLV RPD Statement
The San Luis Valley Rural Philanthropy Days (SLV RPD) Steering Committee Leadership and partner organizations, Community Resource Center and Anschutz Family Foundation, would like to make a statement regarding the recent conference in Del Norte, with events held at Gateway Church.
The SLV RPD Steering Committee, made up of diverse individuals from across the region, spent a year collaborating to design and present a conference that reflects our shared values of equity and inclusion for all people – including those from the LGBTQ+ and faith-based communities. This collaboration celebrates and encourages diversity by bringing together regional leaders from all six counties of the San Luis Valley. As members of the nonprofit sector, we strive to build community, connect people, encourage philanthropy and enhance organizational capacity to support thriving and healthy rural communities across Colorado.
We want to focus on our commitment to equity and inclusion for all people. The future Steering Committees will ensure that our chosen partners and venues are committed to this message. We want to continue to build bridges and advance a healthy dialogue.
San Luis Valley Rural Philanthropy Days
Del Norte, Colorado
From September 17th to 19th, close to 250 nonprofit professionals, grantmakers, community leaders, distinguished speakers, and elected officials united in Del Norte to exchange knowledge and expand professional networks at the San Luis Valley Rural Philanthropy Days conference.